Novelism
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just A Word (PG) - Star Wars

2 posters

Go down

Just A Word (PG) - Star Wars Empty Just A Word (PG) - Star Wars

Post by telana_kiarr Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:46 am

Okay, this is part one of my AU Star Wars fic. Well, it's AU in the sense that it's Obidala. Tell me what you think, and don't be afraid to criticize my work (as long as it's done kindly). I am most definitely considering a title change for the story, so if anyone has any ideas, please, please, tell me. Now, without further ado...

~Pt. 1: Heartbroken~

Heartbroken. That’s the only word that can describe how I’m feeling right now. How? How could Anakin have turned to the dark side? When Obi-Wan first told me, I didn’t want to believe him. But Obi-Wan would never lie to me. He’s always been honest with me; something Anakin hadn’t been, even though we’re married. I decided to seek out Anakin -on Mustafar- to see for myself, to make sure that Obi-Wan wasn’t right – even though my shattered heart told me that he spoke the truth.

My ship has finally touched down on this volcanic, life-ridden planet. I distantly hear Threepio saying, “It is now safe to get off the ship, Miss Padme.” I need a moment to compose myself: I can’t cry in front of Ani. I look out the viewport to see that he has noticed my arrival and is racing towards the landing platform. A sudden dread forms in the pit of my stomach as I stand up, albeit a bit awkwardly due to my pregnancy.

As I rush down the ramp, I see Anakin standing there, giving me a worried smile. Oh, thank the Force! That’s my Ani! Obi-Wan was wrong. I run to embrace him, to hold him, to make sure everything is alright. He returns the embrace, then steps back, looking confused. “What are you doing here?” he inquires.

“I had to see if you were alright. Obi-Wan...he told me terrible things,” I say, not wanting to voice those things, as if doing so would make them true. But I can see from the cautious look in his eyes that they are true.

“What things?” he says warily.

I fight the urge to breakdown as I stammer, “That-that you turned to the dark side, and you...” I pray to the Force that this isn’t true—“killed younglings.”

He smiles almost condescendingly at me. “Obi-Wan is trying to turn you against me.”

So he’s not denying those things? Those evil deeds? I stare, almost disbelievingly. But then another thought crosses my mind.

“Obi-Wan cares about us.” When Obi-Wan had asked if Anakin was the father of my unborn child, I could tell that he wished Anakin had said something to him.

“Us?!” He seems to think that I had told Obi-Wan about our relationship.

“He knows...he figured it out...and...he wants to help you,” I say, trying to convince my husband that Obi-Wan had not condemned him.

“Do you think Obi-Wan is going to protect you? No, we don’t need his help.” Does he not trust his own best friend?

“Anakin, I don’t want protection. All I want is your love,” I say desperately, trying to soothe this raging storm I could sense was forming in his heart.

“Love won’t save you, Padme. Only my new powers can do that.”

‘Love won’t save you...’ He doesn’t love me. He only wants power.

“But, Ani, at what cost?! You’re a good person. Please, don’t do this!”

“I won’t lose you like I lost my mother! I’ve become more powerful than any Jedi has ever dreamed of, and I’m doing it for you—to protect you.”

So that’s what this was about? Those dreams he’d been having? I hadn’t been as concerned about them as he had, but I never thought he’d take it as far as this.

I begin one last attempt to salvage him from the darkness he had gathered around himself.

“Come away with me,” I beg, stroking his hair. “Help me raise our child. Leave everything else behind while we still can-”

“Don’t you see?” he interrupts. “We don’t have to run away any more. I have brought peace to the Republic. I am more powerful than the Chancellor. I-I can overthrow him, and together you and I can rule the galaxy! Make things the way we want them to be.”

I back away from him. Surely my mind is playing tricks on me. This can’t be happening. “I don’t believe what I’m hearing...”

‘Anakin has turned to the dark side...’

Obi-Wan’s words echo in my head. “Obi-Wan was right. You’ve changed!” I whisper.

Anakin rolls his eyes, and shaking his head, says, “I don’t want to hear anymore about Obi-Wan. The Jedi turned against me. Don’t you turn against me!”

“The only thing that would turn me against you is the fact that I don’t know you anymore! Anakin...you’re breaking my heart and ripping it to shreds. I love you, but can’t you see that you’re going down a path that leads to darkness? I’m sorry, but I can’t-I won’t follow you!” I cry out, the tears streaming down my cheeks.

“Because of Obi-Wan?” he asks, glancing slightly above me. What brought that up? I thought he didn’t want to talk about him anymore.

I shake my head. “No, Anakin. No, it’s because of what you’ve done...and what you plan to do. Stop, please, stop now. Come back! I love you!” I say, only half believing the last part. But suddenly he is angry.

Liar!” he screams. What? Why would I be lying? I turn around. Oh, no! Obi-Wan, what are you doing here?! I turn back to Anakin, trying to say that I didn’t know.

“You’re with him! You traitor! You brought him here to kill me!” he yells at the top of his lungs.

“No! Anakin, I swear-” but I am interrupted as Anakin raises his hand in a form which explains why my air supply has been cut off.

“Let her go, Anakin!” Obi-Wan demands, his voice filled with anguish. He doesn’t want me hurt. He cares. Not Anakin. I want to scream. But all that can come out is a tiny, begging, gasping, “Anakin...” In my heart, I’m screaming, “Obi-Wan! Help me!”

It’s almost as if he can hear me. His voice drops to a dangerous note: “Let. Her. Go!” Anakin finally does so, and I topple to the ground, barely conscious. As I’m fighting to stay awake, somehow I can feel Obi-Wan’s gaze on me, and I can sense that he fears I’m dead. ‘Don’t worry, Obi. I’m fine,’ I try to send to him. But Anakin interrupts my thought.

“You turned her against me!” he cries.

As if he can read my mind, Obi-Wan responds with, “You have done that yourself!”

I can hear Anakin pacing as he yells, “You will not take her from me!” I am not a possession that you own, Anakin!

“Your anger, and your lust for power have already done that. You have allowed this dark lord to twist and corrupt you mind until now...until now you have become the very thing you swore you’d destroy,” admonishes Obi-Wan. Suddenly, I feel a warm, soft hand at the nape of my neck, checking my pulse. A hand that won’t hurt me...Obi-Wan’s hand. Then Anakin’s harsh ranting starts up again.

“Don’t lecture me, Obi-Wan! I hate when you lecture,” he spits out. “And I see through the lies of the Jedi, too! I have brought peace, justice, and security to my new Empire!”

“Your new Empire?!” Even in my half-conscious state, I can tell that Obi-Wan is taken by complete surprise. Then Anakin says something that almost makes my heart stop.

“Don’t make me kill you.”

Kill Obi-Wan? Now I know that Obi-Wan was right. But Obi-Wan doesn’t seem terribly threatened by that.

“Anakin, my allegiance it to the Republic, to democracy!”

“If you’re not with me, then you’re my enemy.”

There is a slight pause in which the roars of the volcanic planet can be heard. Then, with a quite weary and resigned voice, Obi-Wan says, “Only a Sith deals in absolutes.” He sighs. “I will do what I must.” His lightsaber ignites. I can almost see the smirk on Anakin’s face as he replies in a haughty tone, “You will try.”
As they begin their duel, I am losing control of my conscious self. Slowly, my mind begins to surrender to the darkness, until I am swallowed into a pit of black with heartbroken memory...
telana_kiarr
telana_kiarr
Experienced Writer
Experienced Writer

Female
Number of posts : 141
Humor : Er...not exactly sure what this means, but... *ahem* We are the knights who say...NI!
Registration date : 2008-03-05

http://telana-kiarr.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Just A Word (PG) - Star Wars Empty Re: Just A Word (PG) - Star Wars

Post by Mark Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:21 am

Ah! I will get to this ASAP
Mark
Mark
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 292
Humor : Hehe!
Registration date : 2008-03-02

https://markcrawford.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by telana_kiarr Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:37 am

No worries. Take your time. I've actually already posted this at fanfiction.net, but other input is awesome.
telana_kiarr
telana_kiarr
Experienced Writer
Experienced Writer

Female
Number of posts : 141
Humor : Er...not exactly sure what this means, but... *ahem* We are the knights who say...NI!
Registration date : 2008-03-05

http://telana-kiarr.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down